Sunday, June 2, 2013

Project #1: Pastel still life

For this project we had to bring in five items or more. You could bring in any five random items or you could bring items that were all in the same category, such as, candy. I used two glass bottles and three wine cups for my project. My project did not turn out the way it actually looked on the table. The original plan was to make the large wine cup stand out and look like it was in front of all the other items, but instead it looks like they are all right next to each other. A thumbnail sketch is a small picture or description. We used small cardboard cutouts as a "viewfinder." It helped me view the different ways I could place my items and it helped me decide on which I liked best, and which I would use for my actual project. I tried putting more value into the objects. Value is when you make some parts of an object lighter or darker. Adding value to an object makes it seem more real and dimensional. I created a light source by placing the objects in an angle so that the light would hit one place. I enjoyed this project because I was able to use pastel, and I was able to pick the items I could draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment