Monday, June 3, 2013

Project #3: Acrylic Landscape Painting

       
This was the longest assignment we have worked on in art. There were many steps and lessons we had to learn to make this. First, we had to choose a certain landscape that we would want to use in our painting. We then printed it out so we could incorporate everything that was in the picture into our painting. My picture had more of an Asian theme and there was a temple like structure in the back with trees surrounding it, and included rocks and a small pond surrounding it as well. For this painting I used the red monochromatic theme. This means I can only use red and black and white with red. To create this paintings we had to use atmospheric perspective. Atmospheric perspective is how the atmosphere affects the appearance and when is it seen from a distance. When you get closer to the object the colors and details of the object become less obvious. To create this perspective I tried to bring the temple like structure closer, to make the smaller details less obvious. I tried to make it seem like the light source was coming from the top left corner. In order  to do that I make the left side lighter in value. I put more white on top of the rocks and adding more value made it seem more dimensional. I used different brush strokes for different parts of the painting. For the background I used thick messy strokes to fill it with color, and I used thin wispy brush strokes for the water. This project didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to, but I enjoyed working with the paints and learning how to make new colors with the primary and secondary colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment