Monday, June 3, 2013

Project #2:Ceramics project

This project was one of my favorite projects because it was a hands on project and I could add my own designs. The medium of this project was clay. A medium is the material you used to create or make something. The clay was originally gray but when it was heated it turned white. I feel that the design element that was most stressed for this project was form and shape. Form is when something not only has length and height, but depth as well. Shape is an enclosed area that is made by line, texture, space , and value. These elements can be combined as well. The technique used for this project was radial design. Radial design is any type of design that goes outward from the center. I used diamonds as my radial design. I put them all to create to follow a star like shape. I didn't really make this project to have a purpose, but it was made in a bowl like way. The thought of the diamonds didn't really occur to me until Ms.Brokke told us to draw some random designs as a warm up. I learned the process of cutting clay and repeatedly hitting it until all the air bubble are out, and cutting it, and using rollers to create a flat piece of clay. I also learned the process of putting glaze on it and which temperatures the clay has to be heated in. If we had the chance to redo this project I would add color to my bowl and I would glaze every single area.

No comments:

Post a Comment